Wednesday

Wet bar before and after

Oak wet bar Before. Again, not sure why any builder building in the 2000's puts honey-oak cabinets in a home? And it's not just Texas. Hmmmm.

After. I used the fabulous Annie Sloan Chalk Paris Gray paint and the clear wax. This stuff really is amazing and 1 quart goes so far! It's a bit easier to swallow the price ($37/quart of the paint once I realized I only used 1/2 quart after 2 coats on this bar. For some reason the paris gray seems to go on better than the old white - or maybe because this was my first project I was more patient and through???

I wish I had a picture of the "Tuscany" style tile that didn't jive so well in this room but I was so excited to paint over it that I forgot to take one! Yes, I did say paint over...I used chalk paint on the tile and it worked!! I am so happy with the results and the cost effectiveness! I could have been a little more careful with the grout lines but it's just a wet bar in my girls bonus room. :)


Hardware from Target - it's so much easier to drill the holes/install using a $5.oo plastic template.